Friday, June 19, 2009

Ain't no mtn. high enough, Aint no valley low enough....

"No distance or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each others worth."

So at this moment as i blog my True Love Melissa, is in Las Vegas. It is rough! She left earlier today and is doing things to prepare for the wedding. Dress shopping, etc. Me? oh i am working and moping about. :) And blogging... and making a really cool count down ticker. I am extremely excited for the wedding. In the mean time, she is gone and it is hard. Before last weekend we had not been apart longer than a few hours. We started dating and had been together everyday since. Then i left for a hunting trip and didnt see eachother one full day. Now this weekend she is gone for four days! SO LONG! We are doing alot to prepare though. Addresses, colors, cakes, and got to practice for that wedding kiss! ;) Most recently we had a great date! It is nice to have a date night and even though this last week was packed we had a date. It was very special and all the details wont be divulged. But we took some pictures and had a really fun time together. Melissa also got something from me that will always remind her of me and our love. But she can tell more about that part.
I think a great part of true love is growing closer and closer together. Some of my favorite moments recently have been when we can have a quiet few minutes to sit and just talk about everything and about nothing. We keep learning more and more about eachother and it is great! We usually end up doing something random like melissa standing on my feet and dancing in a large parking lot to the music in our heads, but it is ALWAYS fun!
Now the "nitty gritty" of these past few weeks is that Melissa is perfectly sweet to me. She knows exactly when i need some attention and love and gives it freely. It seems that the text message or calls from her come at the perfect moment when life is just too heavy. She is my Best friend. I love her so much. Boyd K. Packer said, "The man was given to provide and protect; the woman was given to make it all worthwhile." Melissa makes it worthwhile. And worlds more!

There are a few things i know for certain. Love would not be love without Melissa. Paradise would not be paradise without Melissa. And i cannot be truly happy without Melissa. I will see you soon my love. I am now going to drown my sorrows in oreos chips and salsa and lots of soda! :)

2 comments:

  1. aww!! I will be back tomorrow!!!! And the world will be right again! I LOVE YOU! way to go on the count down thing!! that is AWESOME!!! that's MY man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to make me cry!!! That is SOO sweet!


    P.S. Careful with the oreos! You dont want your Tux to split! ;-P

    ReplyDelete