Wednesday, June 5, 2013

"Running"

So I keep forgetting to tell you all about my running. It is going REALLY well! I actually signed up for a 5K on July 13!! Never in my life did I think that I would have the desire to run a 5K. To be honest, when I first started "running" I just wanted to run- plane and simple. But as I got more into running I wanted to have a big "BAM I did it" type of thing at the end. My friend asked if I wanted to run "The Hobbler Half" I thought, why not?

I also want you all to know that I haven't ever ran before in my life. The last time I remember running a mile was in the 7th grade...so...yes. Sometimes I get a little frustrated because I am working so hard to train my body to run and then my husband comes to me- "Yeah, I really felt like running today so I ran one mile in under 10 minutes. Oh, what? you've been training for months to do that?" ok, he is really nice but he just hopped on the treadmill and ran. poop. He did run track in high school but still! I'm working my bum bum off and still can't run 1 mile in under 10 minutes. To be honest, I walk faster then I jog- sad I know but I'll get there. 

I'm on my 2nd to last week of my 'Couch to 5K' and I can run for 22 minutes!! well...it's more of a jog but hey, that is progress. I started out barely being able to run for 90 seconds and now I can jog 22 minutes! I've also become a master at jogging while pushing a stroller. the first time I tried that didn't work out so well. I've also noticed that I'm loosing inches around my tummy! OH YEAH! I wasn't even thinking about that, I seriously just wanted to be able to run. Then one morning I looked in the mirror and BaBlam! smaller tummy. It still has a long way to go but every little bit helps! 

 I also wanted to give a shout out to friends and family who have commented and follow my posts! I have friends that comment every post and are so encouraging! It helps so much, and keeps me running even on days when I really don't want to. So THANKS GUYS! And if you decide to start running, share it! I will comment and expect and update. 

[6 Weeks of "running"]




No comments:

Post a Comment