Sunday, July 21, 2013

"Running"

Guess what I did a couple weeks ago? Ran my first 5K!! It was pretty awesome, and I had an awesome 5K friend. Talking made me not think about the pain I was in.  I may keep running...maybe someday I will run a Marathon!! (that is a far away someday)
Now, I did walk about 3 times during the 5K and it wasn't longer then 1 minute! Now I want to run another one and jog the whole time, then full on run! Then I shall move on to the 10K. 
It took me 49 minutes but I honestly don't care.  I loved all the support I got from other runners/spectators! I also want to give a big shout out to my family for coming over to support me at the finish line! And my sweet sweet baby girl and handsome man were waiting for me too! Big thanks to my Handsome Prince for being so supportive and proud of me for accomplishing my goal. 

Check this out to see what I used to train my body to love running. I still can't run for a full 20 min. but I can jog and that is CRAZY! I did it, I accomplished my goal-now on to a new goal...Run for a full 30 min! Wish me luck, and thanks for all the support! This is a really big step for me and I could not have done it without your encouragement. 

[We are the Champions]
Big shout out to my girl Samantha for finishing with me. We rock! Also, to my Brother in law for running the whole time!! 
I love to listen to music, it helps me get pumped! Here is the playlist I had while running my 5k

Super Bass-Nicki Minaj 
Good Life-OneRepublic
On The Floor-Jennifer Lopez
Raise Your Glass-Pink
Stereo Hearts-Gym class hero
Sexy and I know it-LMFAO
Paradise-Coldplay
The Edge of Glory-Lady Gaga
Say Hey-Michael Franti & Spearhead
Want U Back-Cher Lloyd
Yeah 3X-Chris Brown

Thanks again everyone! I'm feeling pretty good about my self. 




1 comment:

  1. Woop Woop! It was so much more fun doing it with you! I felt like it went y way faster because we could talk! We need to run together every morning!

    ReplyDelete